- How old do you have to be to start classes?
Class One have dance classes for all ages and abilities, we start from 18 months up to Adult.
- How do i enroll in a class?
To join Class One, simply send us an enquiry via email or telephone and we'll be in touch with further details.
- How do I pay?
Classes are billed on a pay monthly basis at the start of each month
- How much are classes?
Classes range between £4-£8 with a one off membership fee of £10
- What if i'm at another dance or performing arts school?
We dont usually allow members to attend two clubs, please talk directly with the principal for futher information.
- Can parents stay in lessons / classes?
For ages 4 and under yes, where as all other classes we encorange parents to stay in our reception area.
- Are there classes during the holidays?
Class One Dance Academy is open for the majority of the holidays. Any closures are noted in advance
- Is there private tuition available?
Yes we offer private dance lessons for competitors; these are in high demand and need to be booked in advance.
- Is there singing tuition available?
Yes we offer private singing lessons upon request
- Do you offer shows?
Yes we have two annual shows; a mixture of dance and Musical Theatre perfomances. Dates will be advised by the school with plenty of notice.
- Do I have to pay for show costumes?
The majority of costumes for shows are provided through the school however a small hire fee may be applicable in some cases.
- Do you attend competitions?
Yes we do a variety of competitions throughout the year in Freestyle Disco, Lyrical, Rock and Roll and Street Dance
- Are competitions compulsory?
No competitions are not compulsory, however many students attend as they are always fun and friendly and offer a sense of achievement.
- Are there mixed classes?
Yes, Classes consist of girls and boy pupils.
- Do I need uniform straight away?
No, however it is preferred and we do have a school uniform and ballet wear which is available to purchase upon request. We do ask that if the uniform is not worn then members should wear plain black dance wear.
- Will all classes be in a proper dance studio?
Yes, we have very large dance studios in Hednesford and Cannock.
- Will my child take exams?
At Class One we hold examinations with the largest dance associations in the World, the IDTA and UKA - These are optional exams
- Can I expect my child to progress through the school?
Yes, at Class One we review each child’s progress and can offer progression to the highest level.
- Can you offer tuition for G.C.S.E, B-TECH etc?
Yes we already teach in a number of schools at this level, so we can further tuition at our academy.
- What if my child wants to pursue dance as a career or attend proffesional auditions?
Gillian has trained many pupils who have gone on to achieve successful dance careers; Class One can support dancers with tuition and guidance for all auditions.
- Can i video or take pictures in class?
Unfortunately videos and photography are strictly forbidden during classes and shows.